Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Superbowl Sunday


A few things to share since my last post:

Not much school-related though.  I do attend french class everday so I'm learning something!  I met a girl from Chicago in my Friday french class who is in the same program as me & is also only to go to french on Friday's.  She also made the same switch as me by not taking the last course & has been just as confused as me - what a relief. 
Exactly 2 weeks I'll be preparing for class to start, finally.  

Friday afternoon a group of us took a weekend trip to Bordeaux - a 2 hour train ride south of where I live.  A very beautiful city - I enjoyed this city a lot more than Paris.  (Paris is certainly a must see as a visitor in Paris, but I'd rather re-visit Bordeaux before I leave) We only had one full day to spend there as we arrived Friday evening & left Sunday afternoon.  The weather was sunny & cold.  Sunday I woke up to about an inch and a half of snow - which was a trip in itself.  We had to make our way to the train station - it's Sunday so buses & trams (they use in Bordeaux) run seldom, however with the snow, were not running at all.  The sidewalks were slush & snow covered & slippery.  I don't think anyone owns a shovel which was what made it so difficult & the fact we had our bags with us.  But we made it & here I am. 
Yes, my host-mother picked me up at the train station.  Sami & Leila have gone back to school & will be home again at the end of February/beginning March again. 
Have fun watching the Super Bowl in the States tonight (I'll get the results in the morning)!  & have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment