Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Things have not been well - but everything turned around today.

I was to have a meeting Monday afternoon to discuss possible changes in my courses - before I came here it was to my & Shippensburg's & my host family's understanding I would be here until the end of April. My host family being as nice as they are don't care when I leave, as long as I'm out by July, she has another student coming. Once I had looked into my schedule further, it had I'd be here until end of May - that's an extra month if you didn't catch on.
I may have repeated myself with my previous post, but maybe some of you haven't read that one...

I arrived at the school Monday for my meeting & whoever was in his office said he'd be back at 2, which is their normal end time for lunch, but he did tell me to be there at 1:30. So I waited, & waited, & waited until 3. Never showed up. Bus was coming at 3:30, so I left.  I Scheduled another appointment with someone else this morning for 10 - only had to wait 20 minutes for this one. Not bad. We fixed all problems & I will be done April 27, as originally planned. I will attend a few extra french classes between now & February 20 when I begin my first business class as well. 

Yesterday I also woke up to it snowing.  Very rare for this part of France - similar to the south -it's rare, but it happens.  It was only a dusting.  By the time I came home it was raining, windy & cold.  (I was soaked when I got home, just to top off the day I was having)

Things are definitely looking up now & I'm a much happier person.

I have met my other host sister, Leila, who lives/studies in Paris.  She is here for the week & yes, speaks English.  Sami, her son, began in internship this week at a local doctor's office, Leila is currently studying the Arabic language, Hana knows German & English & Ines is learning English & Spanish.  It's crazy - but I'm very impressed with them all. 
Today they also only had a half day of school because of a strike.  Apparently strikes are popular to occur here with schools - so just an afternoon session today. 

I have no more news to share.  Not sure what the rest of the week entails - other than french class.
Hope you're having a good start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment