Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Family

My family consists of a host mom, Veronique, her companion Moussa, not sure what exactly that situation is, and she has 4 children.  The oldest is a son, Sami, 23, who is currently a medical school student.  Followed by 3 girls, the oldest, Leïla, is 22, who lives in Paris & is studying history & politics, and the other 2, Hana (17) & Inès (13) live here at home.  Coincedence my family is the same?
 My host mother is a sales manager with a french fine dining company.  Everyone here is very nice and welcoming.  I haven't met the 2 oldest kids, but I'm sure I will eventually.  My host mother and her older daughter here speak English, which is nice.  Their home is very basic, living room, dining room and a kitchen that is very small.  No more than 2 people can be in there.  I do have my own bedroom and have Wi-Fi and can call the U.S. for free from their landline.  My room is on the first floor while my mother's room and the 2 girls' rooms are upstairs.  There are also 2 cats, usually outside, one may come in but the other never shows his face. 
I will be shown around the city and my school over the next three days.  Classes begin Monday, I think, but I've been informed of informational meetings all day Monday so not sure what's going on there yet.  But definitely will go to campus on Monday morning. 

I have a lot to learn and to get used to. 

Until next time, Au Revoir!

1 comment: