Sunday, January 15, 2012

first Picture!

First off, let me clear this up; Hana is on her way to Berlin.  Where was I getting Belgium from?!

Today was a colder day, 40 degrees and overcast but no rain. We drove to an island St. Marten de Re. About a 20 minute drive. We walked around a bit, saw more of the Atlantic Ocean, stopped at the boulangerie (bakery) and came home.  Inès came with us today as well. To make you all 25% happy, this picture is of Sami and Inès.

 Sami does not live here, but he stopped by today on his way back to school as he'll be gone for 2 weeks. Same routine; mom gave him a bag of food and slipped some money in there. Inès is 13 years old and acts like a typical 13 year old. It's been awhile since I've lived with a younger sibling, and it's quite amusing. Spilling things, finishes eating and leaves the table immediately, says funny things, and constantly on the computer.  She is learning English, and is in advanced classes for it, but says she's afraid to speak it with me in fear of making a mistake - per her mother. 

Tomorrow I'll make my first trip to school with a meeting at 9:30, followed by a french test at 11:30, and will end the day with more meetings through the afternoon.  I will walk (about 10 minutes) to the bus stop & take the bus directly to the school.  Then will take the bus home & walk home.  Need to clarify which bus it is I take home so I don't end up on the other side of the city!


Dull day, nothing exciting happened.  Check tomorrow for an update on school!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment